This department aims to foster leading designers and artists consisting of three majors, Industrial Design, Creative Convergence Design, and Art & Culture. Industrial Design major seeks to educate design professionals equipped with both practical expertise and theoretical depth in the areas of design related to product, visual, spatial design, where Art & Culture major is for holistic professional artists and art practitioners with theoretical and practical basis who differentiate themselves with general art administrators or culture managers.
Fields of Study
- Industrial Design
-Creative Convergence Design
- Art & Culture
- For master’s degree, students must complete a total of 30 credit hours.
- Industrial Design major students must obtain more than 6 credits among Design Project classes.
- Students who majored in different field must take pre-requisite course more than 12 credits among the subjects listed below. They may be advised and guided by the head of department or advising professors on this matter.
- For Master’s degree, students must obtain more than 24 credits in this department. Credits from other departments can be recognized only less than 6 credits when advising professor or the head of department agrees.
- For Master’s degree, students must choose 3 subjects for qualifying examination. These subjects must be approved by advising professor and the head of department.
- Design Project in Industrial Design major and Project Seminar & Field Artist, Curatorship in Art & Culture major can not be chosen as a subject for the examination.
- Methods and schedule of the examination of each subject will be determined by the