International Exchange Students
1. Student Exchange Program / International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
The program allows undergraduate or graduate students at Korea University to study at universities abroad that have signed a student exchange agreement with Korea University. Students pay tuition to Korea University only. Credits earned during the exchange program will be transferred to Korea University.
2. Visiting Student Program (VSP): KU Global Campus
Korea University established global campuses based in universities abroad to send large numbers of undergraduates to those universities. Korea University was first to build an overseas dormitory for its students who wish to study abroad to provide them with a stable living environment. In doing so, it is expected that KU students can better adapt to local cultures at the host universities.
International Exchange Student Website
(☎ International Mobility & Cooperation Team, Office of International Affairs: 02-3290-2965~6)
Credit Exchange Program with Domestic Universities
The credit exchange program allows students to participate in lectures and seminars offered by domestic universities other than Korea University.
Universities that participate in the Credit Exchange Program (30 in total)
The Catholic University of Korea, Konkuk University, Kyungnam University, Kyung Hee University, Kookmin University, Duksung Women's University, Dongduk Women's University, Pusan National University, Sogang University, Seoul National University, University of Seoul, Seoul Women's University, Sungkyunkwan University, Sungshin Women's University, Sookmyung Women's University, Yonsei University, Yeungnam University, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, University of Ulsan, Ewha Womans University (exchange program offered only for summer or winter semesters), Inha University, Chonnam National University, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju University, Chung-ang University, Korea National University of Education, Korea National University of Arts (K'Arts), Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Hanyang University
Verify desired participating credit exchange program university > Complete application form > Receive recommendation letter from the dean or vice dean of students’ home department > Submit required documents to the Administration Office: Room 804, Media Hall > Receive approval of credit exchange > Register for courses in accordance with the course registration procedure at the host university
Click the link below for further information related to the credit exchange programs at each university. (The application period may vary from universities.)
※ Please note that the application procedure for credit approval has changed. (Since April 26, 2016, students are required to apply for credit approval through KUPID.)
Korea University portal (KUPID)→ Registration/Graduation → Grades → Application for credit approval from other universities → Record the courses for which credits can be approved → Check for alternatives if students took courses at host universities that might be regarded similar to courses offered by Korea University → Upload the original transcript provided by the host universities → Save → Print → Submit the required documents (Application for credit approval that is printed from the university portal, the original transcript from the host universities and course syllabuses)
To contact the KU School of Art and Design
TEL. 02-3290-2680 | FAX. 02-928-9103 | E-mail: email@example.com
To contact the KU Academic Affairs Office
TEL. 02-3290-1085 | FAX. 02-926-0006 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to check course openings
Portal → General Notice → Check the course openings from the attachment to the notice entitled “KU students’ registration for KU International Summer Campus” (KU ISE)
Office of International Affairs, Center for International Students and Scholars (Dongwon Global Leadership Hall, Room 201)
TEL. 02-3290-1085 | FAX. 02-926-0006 | E-mail: email@example.com
International Exchange Program
[Global KU Project]
Education mechanism for the 21st century to realize the best global campus in Asia
* The Global KU Project aims to develop Korea University as the best school for Korean Studies.
* Benchmarking the global project administered by Harvard University, KU introduces core liberal arts courses to its curriculum and has full-time professors teach every course.
* As of 2006, the proportion of English-mediated courses was 30% and increased to 60% by 2010.
* The Global KU Project functions as the foundation for the KU Global Campus.
Global leadership program to groom students to become leaders in the global society
* From spring 2004 onward, freshmen are required to declare a second major.
* Korea University opened the Institute of International Education which consists of visiting professors from other countries.
[Global KU Campus]
* Korea University is the first university in Korea to establish a global campus around the world, with campuses in the United States, China, and countries in Europe and Asia. (Annually 500 KU students study abroad using the global campus as their base. They are also financially supported by Korea University.)
* Every year, 20 percent of matriculating students – approximately 1,000– study abroad at 395 universities in 49 countries that have signed an international exchange program agreement with Korea University.
* Through the Exchange Student Program (ESP) and Visiting Student Program (VSP), Korea University is active in exchanging students with Royal Holloway, University of London (35 students); the University of California, Davis (100 students); the University of Hawaii; the University of British Columbia (100 students): Peking University; Renmin University of China; Waseda University (25 students); and Griffith University (100 students).