This department aims to foster leading designers and artists consisting of two majors, Industrial Design and Art & Culture. Industrial Design major seeks to educate design professionals equipped with both practical expertise and theoretical depth in the areas of design related to product, visual, spatial design, where Art & Culture major is for holistic professional artists and art practitioners with theoretical and practical basis who differentiate themselves with general art administrators or culture managers.
Fields of Study
- 산업디자인학 전공(Industrial Design)
- 조형문화예술학 전공(Art & Culture)
- For master’s degree, students must complete a total of 30 credit hours.
- Industrial Design major students must obtain more than 6 credits among Design Project classes.
- Students who majored in different field must take pre-requisite course more than 12 credits among the subjects listed below. They may be advised and guided by the head of department or advising professors on this matter.
- For Master’s degree, students must obtain more than 24 credits in this department. Credits from other departments can be recognized only less than 6 credits when advising professor or the head of department agrees.
Department of Art and Design Prerequisite Courses
|Refer to Korea University Bulletin||Fundamental Design-2D||3|
|Product Design Studio I||3|
|Product Design Studio II||3|
|Product Design Studio III||3|
|Product Design Studio IV||3|
|Product System Design||3|
|Design and Ideation||3|
|Design and Form||3|
|Design Human Factors||3|
Art & Culture
|Refer to Korea University Bulletin||2D Basic Formative Art||3|
|3D Basic Formative Art||3|
|Materials Advanced sculpture Studio||3|
|Form and Sculpture||3|
|Modern Painting Technique||3|
|2D Material Study||3|
|Materials and Techniques of Painting||3|
|New Media Art||3|
|Paper & Fiber||3|
|Materials and Techniques of Korean Painting||3|
|Korean color painting||3|
|Modern Korean Ink Painting||3|
|Theory of Formative Art||3|
- For Master’s degree, students must choose 3 subjects for qualifying examination. These subjects must be approved by advising professor and the head of department.
- Design Project in Industrial Design major and Project Seminar & Field Artist, Curatorship in Art & Culture major can not be chosen as a subject for the examination.
- Methods and schedule of the examination of each subject will be determined by the